L-Imtarfa

Home

Print this page

  L-Imtarfa

The name ‘MTARFA’ appeared for the first time in a notarial act by Sicilian notary noto Bartolo De Guasto. Mtarfa means ‘on the edge’. Mtarfa for several years remained as a fertile land jutting out in between ‘Qlejja’ and Busbies Valleys. Mtarfa had a face lift during the British rule in Malta. During 1890 military barracks and later a military hospital were built.

             
View Larger Map

 

Kindly click here for live stream of Council Meeting - LINK